- Get an idea
- Decide to startup
- Build a team and product
- Validation of the product
- Conquer the world :)
As per the above resource, we did the 'I got an idea', 'I want to startup', 'Startup', 'Build a solid team and product' phase in our first year. The second year was all about 'Validation' and 'Scale'
So without further ado, some of our numbers this year.
- Calls handled : 600 million+
- Clients : 350+
- Registered developers : 4000+
- Phone numbers managed : 30000+
- Servers managed : 124
- Locations : 8
- Audio Data managed : 6 TB with 25 GB getting generated everyday
- Average Database queries per day : 20 million ( max of 70 million in a day, yeah our Mysql clusters are getting hit pretty hard :) )
- Log data : 4GB per day
- Products validated : 2, Bizphone(Virtual business phone system) and Cloudagent(Cloud based call center solution)
- Technologies used : PHP, Memcache, Beanstalk(Website, API), Mysql (Database), Mongo (Logs and analytics), Java(BizPhone and Cloudagent), Android(Bizphone mobile app), Perl (Background scripts), C (core KooKoo engine)
The most fun we had during the year was when we were judging the student entries for the Desert Hack and the two year KooKoo birthday bash we had in an employee's farm house(Sorry, Things got really out of hand at the party and due to the NSFW nature of the photos, we cannot post any of them in this blog :))
The most stressful time was during an outage due to the fiber cut of a telco and we had to migrate some customers to alternate numbers.
The most important decision we took consciously during this year was to build sales DNA into the company. Till 4 months back, we did not have a sales team. All our customers had come through word of mouth. At that time, we had seen enough traction for our products. Platform & products were also rock solid and hence we went ahead. In the last 4 months since the sales team has been in place under Rajiv's leadership we have more than doubled our revenue. Rajiv joined our team with more than 30 years of industry experience and almost 10 years as a VP in RCom. His guidance has been immeasurable. It was a very good learning for us. In India, especially if you are in the B2B space, its mandatory to have a direct sales backed by a strong pre-sales.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our customers who have shown their trust in our systems. We hope we have lived up to your expectations and we promise that we will continue to serve you to the best of our capabilities. We would also like to thank the startup ecosystem of India. Especially, the Hyderabad startup ecosystem. It is not very active in the Internet scene, but when it really matters everyone has helped us. It has been really wonderful to discuss with the most vibrant minds and bounce off ideas and learn from them.
Our goals for the next year:
- Achieve the billion calls mark. This should happen in the next 4-5 months.
- Complete the startup cycle by finishing point 7 in the first list above- Conquer the world :)