It was a very well organized event and we had a lot of fun. The good part of the event was that Apigee asked the hackers to use at least one API developed by an Indian company. KooKoo, Redbus, Zomato, Cleartrip and Data Weave exposed their APIs and the developers used those APIs to build some innovative stuff for the weekend. This was a good way to promote local APIs and we are thankful for Apigee for providing us the opportunity.
After the event we reached out to a couple of developers and asked for their feedback. We are posting the responses below. Hope they go on and build more innovative stuff.
1. Febin John James
I find kookoo very simple to use.I am a student and i don't have much experience. But i could integrate kookoo with my app very easily. The time i worked to integrate KooKoo with my app is very very less compared to other API's.
- Call people and say specific messages to them . Ex: "Call Jacob and say "Hi" .
- Store contacts into web service and acess them on any device Ex: "Contact of febin is 9986819581" .
- To Find Bus Trips from a source to destination and information about its locality,seats,depart timeor furtherly booking it up .Ex: " Trips from bangalore to hyderabad on 2013-03-06"
- Specific Information Price of Cars,Bikes etc in particular locality Ex: " Price For Car Maruti In Bangalore"
- Best Price For A particular book or device or anything Ex: " Best Price For Nokia 5233"
- Alternative for a software platform or a webservice etc Ex: " Alternative to PHP"