Anyway, this week I thought I will look at how we can use the latest rockstar startup from India, Freshdesk. Freshdesk, as most of you know is one of the best "Social Helpdesk" systems out there. I am sure most of you are already using Freshdesk to support your customers.
In this blogpost I will explain how you can add telephony to the mixture. In particular I will show some code which you can use to :
- Welcome the caller by name
- Ask him to enter his ticket id
- Play out the ticket status
- Connect the caller to the correct agent handling the ticket.
- Sign up for a KooKoo account.
- Sign up for a Freshdesk account
- Update the code to include your credentials.
- Host the code in a public location and assign it as a KooKoo URL in your KooKoo settings.
- Publish your KooKoo number and start receiving calls.